Dear Valued Travel Partner,

Effective immediately, the National Hurricane Center has issued a Hurricane Warning affecting travel to and from the Dominican Republic with respect to Hurricane Irma. We would like to ensure guests are minimally affected by flight delays and cancellations. The security, well-being and safety of our guests are always, and remain, the highest priority in all emergency situations.

In an effort to be proactive, all AMResorts properties in the Dominican Republic will not be accepting new bookings arriving Tuesday, September 5th through Friday, September 8th. New booking arrivals will be accepted beginning Saturday, September 9th.

Please be advised that our inclement weather policy for in-house or arriving guests is currently in effect and applies to guests traveling to and from the following properties.

  • Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana
  • Secrets Cap Cana Resort & Spa
  • Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana
  • Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa
  • Dreams Dominicus La Romana Resort & Spa
  • Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa
  • Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
  • Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa
  • Now Garden Punta Cana
  • Now Larimar Punta Cana
  • Now Onyx Punta Cana
  • Sunscape Bavaro Beach Punta Cana
  • Sunscape Dominican Beach Punta Cana
  • Sunscape Puerto Plata Dominica Republic

Our inclement weather policy is as follows:

GUESTS SCHEDULED BUT UNABLE TO DEPART: Guests who are unable to depart due to airport closures and flight cancellations will be offered accommodations and all services at the rates indicated below by brand on a USD per person, per night all-inclusive basis, to be paid directly at the hotel. These inclement weather rates are extended as a special courtesy due to the situation, subsidized by the resort and not available otherwise.

Zoëtry Wellness & Spa Resorts: $139 pp/pn 

Secrets Resorts & Spas: $119 pp/pn

Breathless Resorts & Spas: $119 pp/pn

Dreams Resorts & Spas: $109 pp/pn

Now Resorts & Spas: $109 pp/pn

Sunscape Resorts & Spas: $99 pp/pn

GUESTS SCHEDULED BUT UNABLE TO ARRIVE: No-show/cancellation fees will be waived for guests who are unable to arrive due to airport closures and the cancellation of flights relating to these storms. These guests will be able to arrive on a later date with the following options:

  • Arrive on first available flights after the storm and simply take the same number of nights confirmed at the same rate (based on availability)
  • Arrive on first available flights after the storm and stay until their original departure date being charged only for used nights. (We appreciate that some guests may not be able to get a different return flight home and/or cannot extend their vacations/holidays beyond their original dates due to work, school, etc.)

GUESTS CHOOSING TO RESCHEDULE AT THE SAME RESORT: AMResorts will honor the current rates up to the end of 2017 based upon availability. Any days between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day are not included in this policy.